Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Scarlett Johansson: I Love My Curves

Scarlett Johansson, who admits she prefers Snickers to Milky Way ("I like peanuts," she says), doesn't worry about having a waifish figure. "I'm curvy – I'm never going to be 5' 11" and 120 pounds," she says. "But I feel lucky to have what I've got." Indeed, the 5' 3" actress, who once joked, "My idea of aerobics is going for a slice," is designing a line of streetwear for Reebok, and tells InStyle in its new issue that the clothes are "fitted to my body. So I know they'll fit a regular person." The 21-year-old Black Dahlia star says her favorite indulgence is a slice of veggie pizza and a Diet Coke or a wedge of homemade key lime pie (she loves baking). A typical dinner is Chinese takeout: "A little white rice, a little chicken, some egg drop soup …" And though she's glam on the red carpet, in her everyday life, she says, "I'm pretty casual. I wear sneakers and flats. I can walk in heels, but do I wear them every day? Certainly not. Only if I'm going to a premiere or a party, because I like to look like a lady." One thing she'd like to wear – someday – is a wedding gown. "Of course I want to get married, but I'm way too young," she says. "I'm not ready to sacrifice a lot of things in my lifestyle just to have an engagement ring."
She's mum on her boyfriend and Black Dahlia costar Josh Hartnett, but says the couple she's most like to double date with is David Bowie and Iman. And despite her successful acting career, she wouldn't mind giving it all up – for a day. "Whose life would I like to step into for the day? The President's," she says. "I could probably get some things done in the Oval Office."