Monday, September 18, 2006

Hilary Duff defends celebrity surgery

Hilary Duff has defended stars who have plastic surgery.
The 'Wake Up' singer insists people should have the right to improve their looks if they want to, and hasn't ruled out going under the knife herself when she gets older.
She revealed to The Sun newspaper: "I don't have anything against people who have surgery. If I get older and feel uncomfortable about something then maybe I will have it. I never say never."
However, Hilary, 18, thinks people go too far - and that's when it becomes a problem for her.
She explained: "Some things are hard to deal with for a woman as you grow older. I think everyone should be able to feel good about themselves.
"I don't like it when it's really obvious and gets pointed out. Some people go overboard."
Hilary also claims she doesn't feel the need to look great all the time.
She confessed: "I do worry about what I look like but I'm not going to let it control my life. If I want to go to the shops I'll sometimes not bother with my hair or make-up."