Monday, September 18, 2006

Kylie Minogue's cancer praise for mum

Kylie Minogue has praised her mother for helping her overcome breast cancer.
The 'Feel' singer - who was diagnosed with the life-threatening disease last year - has paid tribute to her mother Carol and admits she couldn't have coped with the ordeal without her parents' support.
She said: "My relationship with my parents has always been very close. My mother has always been more like a friend to me.
"But when I was diagnosed, it was like they needed to be my mother and father again, not my friends. It was as if I was a little girl to them again.
"I was so lucky to have my mum with me in Paris throughout my treatment. I don't know how I would have got through it without her."
Meanwhile, Kylie dazzled in a floor-length leopard print dress with a red sash at London's RED concert on Saturday The 38-year-old singer wowed the 15,000-strong crowd in Trafalgar Square as she introduced flamboyant pop band Scissor Sisters.
Kylie is currently preparing for her Showgirl Tour, which begins in her native Australia in November.
She is also reportedly set to headline next year's Glastonbury music festival and admits she is eager to get back on stage.
Kylie said: "My energy's coming back now. I am so revved up. I can't wait to get back to my day job."